Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit exceptional candidates for the 2020-2021 academic year. We are seeking team players to work alongside our outstanding staff:
- who are passionate about their subject
- who believe they have a talent for inspiring young people
- who are dedicated to ensuring every young person fulfils their academic and personal potential
- who are resilient and capable of self-reflection
You will need a 2:2 degree or higher, at least 50% in the subject you wish to teach*, and GCSE Maths & English at grade C or above. *You may be eligible for a free Subject Knowledge Enhancement course, with bursary, to refresh and extend your knowledge.
We have up to 12 places in Primary Initial Teacher Training
We have up to 30 places in Secondary Initial Teacher Training in the following subjects:
- Computer Sciences
- Business Studies **Course Full for September 2020**
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Religious Studies
- Physical Education **Course Full for September 2020**
- Art and Design
- Design and Technology
On successful completion of training you will be awarded a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and gain 60 credits at Masters Level. You will be a confident, student-centred, reflective teacher, and will hopefully take up a position within Beckfoot Trust or the Bradford Partnership.
Fees and Bursaries
Our School Direct courses are not salaried, although for eligible trainees bursaries and scholarships of up to £30 000 (tax free) are available, depending on teaching subject and qualifications. You will have to pay tuition fees of £9250, but you may be eligible for a student loan. For more information on bursaries click here.
To return to the main 'Train to Teach' page click here.