TRAIN TO TEACH
Initial Teaching Training is an important priority for the Teaching School and the Trust.
As an Employer of Choice we actively seek to train and recruit the very best teachers that are available. This requires all Trust Schools to support the highly effective Beckfoot School Direct Partnership.
The School Direct programme is overseen by an experienced SD Lead co-ordinator, is facilitated by highly effective mentors and has an exceptional record of achievement from our HE Providers at Leeds Trinity University and Leeds Beckett University.
The ITT Strategy involves:
- High profile attendance at all marketing events
- Providing placements in schools for prospective trainees
- Disseminating a compelling message about our vision and values as a Trust and our commitment to becoming the Employer of Choice not only locally but regionally
- Drawing in our most effective teachers to act as mentors for trainees.
- Providing a comprehensive School Direct programme that truly prepares trainees for the demands of becoming a NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher), a RQT (Recently Qualified Teacher) and a resilient teacher that is able to commit to a demanding yet rewarding career.
- Early talent spotting and early recruitment of trainees to vacancies within the post.
- Outstanding provision that allows trainees to gain grade 1 at accreditation.
Message from Gill Halls Headteacher Beckfoot School (click here)
What do our Trainees say about the School Direct Programme – (click here)
For further information please contact Jenny McUrich by email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply directly to Beckfoot through UCAS for the subject you are interested in teaching. The Beckfoot provider code for UCAS is 1MU.
For our Course Codes for 2019-20 click here
Come and meet us at the following Train to Teach Recruitment Events:
Train to Teach event Leeds Town Hall on Thursday 18 October 4.30 – 8pm Book your place here
Leeds Trinity Campus Saturday 10th November 11am - 2pm Book your place here
Leeds Beckett - Wednesday 28th November
Train to Teach event The Bradford Hotel on Thursday 24 January 2019 4.30 – 7.30pm.
For more information, or to visit and experience teaching at Beckfoot, please contact Jenny McUrich on 01274 771444, or email email@example.com