Welcome to Beckfoot Trust Sixth Form!
We are delighted that you have chosen to undertake your Level 3, Post 16 study with us. Our School Sixth Forms are special. They deliver high quality teaching and learning, outstanding enhanced curriculum opportunities and research driven systems and practice that we know will deliver the results and outcomes you aspire for.
Sixth Form 2019-2020. Our vision and goals
- We are four schools, one Sixth Form. As of September 2019 we launch Beckfoot Trust’s Sixth Form. Our collective identity and brand, as celebrated through our promotional materials and external presence is a key strength. Our schools are Beckfoot; Beckfoot Thornton; Beckfoot Oakbank and Beckfoot Hazelbeck.
- Three quality mainstream sixth forms with a strong academic base. We are aiming to ensure all of our students have access to facilitating subjects plus PE, Art and the extended project qualification. Each school is on its own journey to achieve these goals.
- Final results in the top 20% of similar institutions (ALPS 3)
- More Beckfoot Schools’ students seeing one of the Beckfoot Sixth Forms as their natural pathway post 16. Achieved by a “from primary to secondary” recruitment and retention strategy and excellent GCSE results from our mainstream secondary schools.
- Commonality across the Sixth Form sites regarding key aspects of teaching and learning, enrichment and systems.
- Opportunities for students and staff that being in a school that has a sixth form brings as well as the chance to collaborate with students from each of the Beckfoot Trust secondary schools.
Our Sixth Forms are very much part of our schools and our Headteachers have responsibility for their students 11-18. As such each school does have some distinctive features pertinent to their local communities and their environment.
However by bringing our 6th Formers from four schools (and ensuring Beckfoot Upper Heaton students make Beckfoot Trust 6th Form their choice for Level 3 Qualifications) together under the Beckfoot Trust 6th Form strategy we can share best practice post 16 and deliver even better outcomes for even more students.