The Trust is committed to facilitating change at an organisation level, and will deliver this strategy with the engagement and actions of all stakeholders.
The actions below place an expectation upon each member of our community.
The Trust will
- Identify and provide funding where possible to help develop sustainability projects;
- Coordinate capital works to improve the energy efficiency of the built environment;
- Provide oversight of energy and water usage and set targets;
- Provide opportunities for schools to collaborate on this agenda and share best practice;
- Coordinate campaigns;
- Monitor and review the objectives and progress of this strategy.
- Commit to the objectives of this strategy and engage with the actions appropriate to their setting;
- Reduce waste and ensure recycling schemes are appropriate and promoted;
- Reduce energy usage by expecting more sustainable behaviours and appropriate systems and maintenance regimes;
- Develop the curriculum to include the UN sustainable development goals.
- Take responsibility for their own area or classroom, ensuring electrical equipment is switched off when not in use;
- Engage with, and deliver, the themes of sustainability through their interaction with students;
- Take action to reduce the use of physical resources such as photocopying, paper and stationery.
- Engage with the themes of sustainability through lessons and extra-curricular activity;
- Share their concerns and ideas around the climate crisis with staff and peers;
- Understand the size of their carbon footprint and pledge to take action to reduce it.