Entry Requirements & How to Apply
We are seeking team players to work alongside our outstanding staff:
- who are passionate about their subject
- who believe they have a talent for inspiring young people
- who are dedicated to ensuring every young person fulfils their academic and personal potential
- who are resilient and capable of self-reflection
You will need a 2:2** degree or higher, at least 50% in the subject you wish to teach, and GCSE Maths & English at grade C or above (or equivalent).
For candidates who do not meet the GCSE requirements, equivalency tests may be available.
**For some of our courses we may consider applicants with a third class degree - please contact Jenny McUrich email@example.com to enquire.
How to Apply
Applications are made through the government Apply service. We are listed as Beckfoot School Direct Partnership.
- Go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-teacher-training
- Create an account
- You will receive an email link to confirm your email address
- Complete your application
Once your application has been submitted you will receive confirmation that we have you application within 24-48 hours*
*excluding weekends and school holidays
Your application will be checked by the University or Teacher Training Provider, it will then be passed to subject specialist colleagues (Secondary) and the School Direct Team for consideration.
If you are shortlisted for interview we will contact you by email.
What you can expect on an interview day
Our Secondary interview days are held at Beckfoot School, Bingley.
On your interview day you will have:
- Welcome by Beckfoot Trust Leadership
- Tour of the school with Students
- Subject specific written task (Secondary)
- Meet current ITTs (where possible)
- Teaching Task (Bradford Birth-19 courses and Primary only)
- Lesson Observation (Leeds Trinity & Leeds Beckett only)
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Formal Interview
Please contact Jenny McUrich firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process