Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans
- a Tuition Fee Loan is available to cover course costs – if you take one out, you don’t have to pay your course costs upfront
- a Maintenance Loan is available to help with living costs
- it doesn’t matter if you already have a student loan – you can still apply for both these loans to support your teacher training
- you will only start making repayments when you earn over the threshold
- if you have a student loan already, taking out a further loan for your teacher training will not see your monthly repayments increase
How to apply
Once you’ve accepted your place on a non-salaried teacher training course, you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan via Student Finance England (SFE).